In computing, C is a general-purpose programming language initially developed by Dennis Ritchie between 1969 and 1973 at AT&T Bell Labs. Like most imperative languages in the ALGOL tradition, C has facilities for structured programming and allows lexical variable scope and recursion, while a static type system prevents many unintended operations. Its design provides constructs that map efficiently to typical machine instructions, and therefore it has found lasting use in applications that had formerly been coded in assembly language, most notably system software like the Unix computer operating system.
C is one of the most widely used programming languages of all time, and C compilers are available for the majority of available computer architectures and operating systems.
- C language is also called as “Procedure oriented programming language”
- C language features were derived from earlier language called “ B ” (BCPL language).
- C language was invented for implementing UNIX operating system . so, C language can be used on many different types of pc ( computer ) but is mostly used with the UNIX operating system.
- The C language has now become a widely used professional language for many reason like Easy to learn c language , c language is a Structured language , c language produces efficient program , c language can handle low-level activities , c language can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms.
- C language is reliable on , simple and easy to used . C language has been coded in assembly language .
- Operating systems, C language compiler, all UNIX application programs is written in C language .
- Embedded C language include features not available in normal C language like fixed-point arithmetic, named address spaces, and basic I/O hardware addressing in c language.
Features of C language
|1 . Flexibility|
|2 . Modularity|
|3 . Interactivity|
|4 . Reliability|
|5 .Efficiency and Effectiveness|
|6 . Portability|
Uses of C language
|2 .Operating system development|
|3.Assemblers in program|
|4.C Language Compilers|