Hello Programmers, Here are some very interesting facts about PHP programming languages. Share with your friends for more fun with PHP.
10 Interesting Facts about PHP Programming Language
- What stands for PHP? – Personal Home Page.
- PHP which is now officially known as ‘Hypertext Preprocessor’ and It was released around the year 1995. So, it’s 23-year-old mature programming language.
- PHP was originally made by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995. He wrote the original Common Gateway Interface (CGI) binaries.
- 244M sites developed using PHP language in the world.
- Current latest version is PHP 7.2.1 and You can contribute to PHP language at http://php.net/get-involved.php
- PHP is open source programming language. Source code here.
- Initially written as a set of Common Gateway Interface (CGI) in ‘C’ (1994).
- This language was originally designed to replace a set of Perl scripts to maintain his Personal Home Pages (also known as PHP).
- Zeev Suraski and Andi Gutmans, two developers at the Technion IIT, rewrote the parser in 1997 and formed the base of PHP 3. PHP 3 was officially launched in June 1998.
- Famous PHP projects/ framework: Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Faker.
The main implementation of PHP is now produced by The PHP Group and serves as the de facto standard for PHP as there is no formal specification.
PHP History – Interesting Fun Facts
Suraski and Gutmans rewrote the PHP 3’s core, producing the Zend Engine in 1999. They also founded Zend Technologies in Ramat Gan, Israel.On May 22, 2000, PHP 4, powered by the Zend Engine 1.0, was released.
On July 13, 2004, PHP 5 was released, powered by the new Zend Engine II. PHP 5 introduced full-featured object-oriented programming support. It was there in PHP 3 and PHP 4 but only the basic features.
In Mid October 2015 PHP 7 is released, powered by Zend Engine 3, uniform variable syntax, AST-based compilation process, added Closure:: call(), bitwise shift consistency across platforms,(null coalesce) operator, and Unicode codepoint escape syntax.
PHP was originally designed to create dynamic and more interactive web pages. It is the most widely-used, open-source and general-purpose scripting language. As we have discussed Rasmus has created this popular language. You can found him here.
PHP uses procedural programming or object-oriented programming and also a mixture of them. Hope you like Interesting Facts About PHP languages. Let’s see new features also.
PHP Programming Language Latest Features:
- Return type declaration
- Spaceship operator
- Anonymous classes
- Group use declarations
- Constant arrays using define()
PHP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FACTS AS USAGE:
- PHP is installed on over 20 million websites and 1 million web servers. (PHP: 244M sites, 2.1M IP addresses) http://php.net/usage.php 75% of Web 2.0 sites are built in PHP.
- PHP is used by 81.7% of all the websites whose server-side programming language we know. There are about 5 million PHP developers worldwide.
- It is possible to use PHP on almost every operating system. PHP can be used in all major operating systems including Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and RISC OS.
- Some of the biggest online brands, such as Facebook, ProProfs, Digg, Friendster, Flickr, Technorati, and Yahoo! are powered by PHP.
Recommended for you:
You can see popularity of PHP programming language in Google trends
Most Popular PHP Frameworks/ Projects 2018 – 2019
- Laravel with 30K+ stars on Github – A PHP Framework For Web Artisans
- Symfony with 14K+ stars on Github – it is famous Framework in PHP Language
- CodeIgniter with 14K+ stars on Github – it is Open Source PHP Framework
- DesignPaternsPHP – sample code for several design patterns in PHP with 11K+ stars
- Faker – it is a PHP library that generates fake data for you with 10K+ stars on Github
Please see below image to know the popularity of PHP Frameworks Facts.
Are you new to coding? You can see the roadmap for programmers here. Did you need open source PHP project list? Go – https://github.com/trending/php
Did you know how much PHP programmer can earn?
According to Payscale : $39,791 – $97,951. So, $64K median.
According to Glassdoor: $40,000 – $1,00,000. So, $70K median.
According to Stackoverflow: $60,000 in US
Share Interesting Facts About PHP with friends to know more other funs! You can join us to know more programming jokes.