Wireless sensor network (WSN) :
Distributed autnomus sensors to monitor physical or environmental conditions, such as temprature, pressure, sound etc. and to cooperatively pass their data through the network to a main location.
- The development of wireless sensor networks was motivated by military applications such as battlefield surveillance; today such networks are used in many industrial and consumer applications, such as industrial process monitoring and control, machine health monitoring, and so on.
- Smart Parking Monitoring of parking spaces availability in the city.
- Structural health Monitoring of vibrations and material conditions in buildings, bridges and historical monuments.
- Noise Urban Maps Sound monitoring in bar areas and centric zones in real time.
- Smartphone Detection Detect iPhone and Android devices and in general any device which works with WiFi or Bluetooth interfaces.
- Eletromagnetic Field Levels Measurement of the energy radiated by cell stations and and WiFi routers.
- Traffic Congestion Monitoring of vehicles and pedestrian levels to optimize driving and walking routes.
- Smart Lighting Intelligent and weather adaptive lighting in street lights.
- Waste Management Detection of rubbish levels in containers to optimize the trash collection routes.
- Smart Roads Intelligent Highways with warning messages and diversions according to climate conditions and unexpected events like accidents or traffic jams.
- Forest Fire Detection Monitoring of combustion gases and preemptive fire conditions to define alert zones.
- Air Pollution Control of CO2 emissions of factories, pollution emitted by cars and toxic gases generated in farms.
- Snow Level Monitoring Snow level measurement to know in real time the quality of ski tracks and allow security corps avalanche prevention.
- Landslide and Avalanche Prevention Monitoring of soil moisture, vibrations and earth density to detect dangerous patterns in land conditions.
- Earthquake Early Detection Distributed control in specific places of tremors.
- Potable water monitoring Monitor the quality of tap water in cities.
- Chemical leakage detection in rivers Detect leakages and wastes of factories in rivers.
- Swimming pool remote measurement Control remotely the swimming pool conditions.
- Pollution levels in the sea Control realtime leakages and wastes in the sea.
- Water Leakages Detection of liquid presence outside tanks and pressure variations along pipes.
- River Floods Monitoring of water level variations in rivers, dams and reservoirs.
- Smart Grid Energy consumption monitoring and management.
- Tank level Monitoring of water, oil and gas levels in storage tanks and cisterns.
- Photovoltaic Installations Monitoring and optimization of performance in solar energy plants.
- Water Flow Measurement of water pressure in water transportation systems.
- Silos Stock Calculation Measurement of emptiness level and weight of the goods.
Security & Emergencies
- Perimeter Access Control Access control to restricted areas and detection of people in non-authorized areas.
- Liquid Presence Liquid detection in data centers, warehouses and sensitive building grounds to prevent break downs and corrosion.
- Radiation Levels Distributed measurement of radiation levels in nuclear power stations surroundings to generate leakage alerts.
- Explosive and Hazardous Gases Detection of gas levels and leakages in industrial environments, surroundings of chemical factories and inside mines.
- Supply Chain Control Monitoring of storage conditions along the supply chain and product tracking for traceability purposes.
- NFC Payment Payment processing based in location or activity duration for public transport, gyms, theme parks, etc.
- Intelligent Shopping Applications Getting advices in the point of sale according to customer habits, preferences, presence of allergic components for them or expiring dates.
- Smart Product Management Control of rotation of products in shelves and warehouses to automate restocking processes.
- Quality of Shipment Conditions Monitoring of vibrations, strokes, container openings or cold chain maintenance for insurance purposes.
- Item Location Search of individual items in big surfaces like warehouses or harbours.
- Storage Incompatibility Detection Warning emission on containers storing inflammable goods closed to others containing explosive material.
- Fleet Tracking Control of routes followed for delicate goods like medical drugs, jewels or dangerous merchandises.
- M2M Applications Machine auto-diagnosis and assets control.
- Indoor Air Quality Monitoring of toxic gas and oxygen levels inside chemical plants to ensure workers and goods safety.
- Temperature Monitoring Control of temperature inside industrial and medical fridges with sensitive merchandise.
- Ozone Presence Monitoring of ozone levels during the drying meat process in food factories.
- Indoor Location Asset indoor location by using active (ZigBee) and passive tags (RFID/NFC).
- Vehicle Auto-diagnosis Information collection from CanBus to send real time alarms to emergencies or provide advice to drivers.
- Wine Quality Enhancing Monitoring soil moisture and trunk diameter in vineyards to control the amount of sugar in grapes and grapevine health.
- Green Houses Control micro-climate conditions to maximize the production of fruits and vegetables and its quality.
- Golf Courses Selective irrigation in dry zones to reduce the water resources required in the green.
- Meteorological Station Network Study of weather conditions in fields to forecast ice formation, rain, drought, snow or wind changes.
- Compost Control of humidity and temperature levels in alfalfa, hay, straw, etc. to prevent fungus and other microbial contaminants.
Smart Animal Farming
- Hydroponics Control the exact conditions of plants grown in water to get the highest efficiency crops.
- Offspring Care Control of growing conditions of the offspring in animal farms to ensure its survival and health.
- Animal Tracking Location and identification of animals grazing in open pastures or location in big stables.
- Toxic Gas Levels Study of ventilation and air quality in farms and detection of harmful gases from excrements.
Domotic & Home Automation
- Energy and Water Use Energy and water supply consumption monitoring to obtain advice on how to save cost and resources.
- Remote Control Appliances Switching on and off remotely appliances to avoid accidents and save energy.
- Intrusion Detection Systems Detection of windows and doors openings and violations to prevent intruders.
- Art and Goods Preservation Monitoring of conditions inside museums and art warehouses.
- Fall Detection Assistance for elderly or disabled people living independent.
- Medical Fridges Control of conditions inside freezers storing vaccines, medicines and organic elements.
- Sportsmen Care Vital signs monitoring in high performance centers and fields.
- Patients Surveillance Monitoring of conditions of patients inside hospitals and in old people’s home.
- Ultraviolet Radiation Measurement of UV sun rays to warn people not to be exposed in certain hours.