Here are some very interesting programming facts about computer field and programming languages. Share with your friends for more fun.
Interesting facts about Programming
- The first computer programmer was a female, named Ada Lovelace.
- The first game was created in 1961. Fun facts are that it didn’t earn any money.
- The first virus was created in 1983.
- The first computer was actually a loom called the Jacquard loom, an automated, mechanical loom, which didn’t use any electricity.
- The first high-level (very close to real English that we use to communicate) programming language was FORTRAN. invented in 1954 by IBM’s John Backus.
- Computer programming is one of the fastest growing occupations currently
- Majors related to computer programming are among the highest paying in colleges and universities A programming language is basically a language that allows a human being to communicate with a computer The lifestyle we live today with our tablets, and mobile phones wouldn’t be possible without computer programming.
- Did you know how many total programming languages? – it’s 688.
- Most people are intimidated by the thought of learning how to program, however as with anything, the more you practice and repeatedly do that task, the easier it gets.
- Programmers funny facts are
- Programmers will start the count from zero, not one.
- The root is at the top of the tree.
- Programmer says ‘=’ != ‘==’
- The value of a ‘;’
- Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V have saved more lives than Batman and Robin.
- Programmers always looking for a girl who can code.
- Programmers love to code day and night.
- Did you know first computer bug was named due to a real bug as shown in below pic? Grace Hopper recorded the first computer ‘bug’ in the book as she was working for the MARK II computer.